I’ve had this large scrap of fabric since 2012, when we cleaned out my MIL’s craft closet. She had lots of sequins and glitter kind of items, not much fabric. But I latched onto this piece and a couple of scraps of some coordinating fabric. It was most likely from a fabric selection at K-Mart. I knew I could make a runner for my small buffet, but I just had not done it. So it languished! When Angela selected green for RSC21 and Joyful Quilter hosted the Table Scraps Challenge and suggested using the color of the month..well, I knew what I had to do.
After really looking at the fabric I decided strips in QAYG was the answer. So I pulled some other fabrics and a gifted green jelly roll and got to work.
I know that the maximum length of my buffet is 36" and the width is 17". I was able to piece 2 narrow scraps of batting and square it up to be 30" X 13.5" . I cut the piece of fabric with the printed squares for the backing. It already looks like patchwork. I cheated! After layering the backing, wrong side up I spritzed it with a quick shot of basting spray and then lay the pieced batting on top.
I straight line quilted it using my walking foot as a guide. It’s not quite even! But it’s fine. Do you see the little red ladybugs? A few have white spots, but most have tiny black spots! I thought I had a bit of dotted red in my stash. I had both white dot and black dot. I chose the red with black dots for a bit of color change from so much green . I hoped it didn’t take on a Christmas vibe! I thinks it’s fine.
I bound it with some different printed-to-look-like-a-quilt fabric! I needed to use it up!
This is my Table Scraps Challenge for March. I'll link it up to The Joyful Quilter's linky party the end of the month. I'm having so much fun doing this challenge.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy









This is so fun, Judy! Somehow I missed your post last week, so I'm glad you linked it up on your To-do post today. I love all the fun little details in the fabric, especially those ladybugs! I think you need a new runner for that spot for every month... 😉
ReplyDeleteThat turned out great, Judy! I'm SEW glad you finally incorporated your MIL's UFO into a completed project. Enjoy your new runner and thanks for linking up with the Table Scraps Challenge!
ReplyDeleteLove all your greens and the traditional strippy style. I find these styles comforting.
ReplyDeleteLove your buffet topper, Judy! Pretty fabrics.
ReplyDeleteIt is just perfect for March!
I love what you've done with that St. Patrick's Day fabric and the extra pops of red. Cute runner!
ReplyDeleteVery nice and that was certainly not cheating! Haha! Love the pop of color with the red fabric. Made me sad to think that you were missing your sister & brother-in-law. Hope this brightened up that corner for you.
ReplyDeleteSo cool the way the binding worked out! Lovely finish.
ReplyDelete