Only one almost finished. The quilt top I started last fall and then stopped because of not having quite enough fabric is finally finished.
This was a purchased pattern stating it was a 3 yard quilt! And the 3 yard bundle of fabrics was purchased at the same line. With the plan to make a donation quilt to Confession of a Fabric Addict’s Hands 2 Help Comfort Quilt Drive drive . Sarah has done this for the last 10 springs. The lesson learned, for me, is not ever to have “just enough” fabric!
From the above photo the piecing that had to be done is not noticeable. The closeups aren’t too bad.
I’m waffling now, trying to decide if it’s ok to donate it or if I shouldn’t!
The backing is made, and I’ll call the long armer next week. She just had a death in her family, so I will give her a bit of time!
Anyway, this is my almost finish. Next week my Bernina will be in for cleaning. That is, if we can go to Rapid City tomorrow. Snow is expected. It’s a 2 hour drive in perfect weather, longer if the roads are "iffy”.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy



That's really pretty, Judy! I don't think you should worry if you had to do a little extra piecing to stretch your fabric - no one will ever notice. Especially after quilting and washing it. Fingers crossed on the snow - they're still saying 18-24 inches for us!
ReplyDeleteLovely quilt. Prayers for good roads
ReplyDeleteNo one will ever notice those pieced bits--it's all piecing, after all! Definitely could go to a charity or a friend or anyone! Love the roses and pink in there!!! I hope you have a safe drive to Rapid. We have been through there many times.
ReplyDeleteThat piecing is barely noticeable and I bet the recipient would not even notice.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool quilt! I am glad you could piece enough to get it finished! Maybe this is why I have too much fabric tho haha! Have a safe trip!!
ReplyDeleteI am not a pink person BUT I always love those big roses and your colors all together are just beautiful. Best wishes for a good trip.
ReplyDeleteIt’s beautiful, Judy, and perfect for a donation quilt. Remember the “galloping horse” rule! Probably none of us would’ve noticed if you hadn’t mentioned it. You get a gold star for creativity!
ReplyDelete