This week I was able to finally a geese migration block completed. And also 6 hollow 9 patches.
And it wasn’t without a struggle. All the geese pieces were laying on a portable design board. All cut according to directions using BH essential triangle tool. I didn’t take photos, but there was some use of the seam ripper. As you can see above, the rows of 2 1/2” squares are attached to the left of the geese row, that is an important step to remember! LOL
Cynthia’s Geese Migration pattern calls for 25 blocks. If I make 2 blocks for each color of the month that will give me 20 blocks. Angela usually selects colors for 10 months and the last two months are for finishing the quilt. So then I will lay out the blocks and see what other colors could be incorporated. I don’t have a lot of solids...by then I may be able to actually shop in a real store. I’m trying hard not to buy more fabric!
This week we are having rain in Wyoming. A few tulips are blooming and the trees are starting to leaf out. There are robins and mourning doves all over my neighborhood. One bird that I don’t see in NE Wyoming is the Western Tanager. My brother lives in the a Black Hills of South Dakota and they have tanagers.
At a feeder, of which there are several
My brother looking a little quarantine scruffy. He had been doing some woodworking, hence the safety glasses and the dust mask.
My sister-in-law is good with the camera.
I'm linking up with ScrapHappy Saturday. at Angela's blog.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Stay Healthy


What great bird photos! Love your nine patches and what great green fabrics you have.
ReplyDeleteI love the tanager and only see when we travel west
ReplyDeleteLovely green blocks you've sewn this week nice work what a tame bird...just
ReplyDeletebeautiful plummage ~ ~ ~ waving from my home Julierose
Your green blocks are looking great! I always love the geese migration ones. I think they must be tricky to make with needing the color gradients. Beautiful pictures of the Western Tanager at your brother's! We've just been watching them at our feeder this morning.
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeletePretty green blocks..have a great day!
Nice job working thru some of your Dark GREEN scraps this week!!
ReplyDeleteLovely green blocks, and such a gorgeous bird. It's not easy to get good wildlife photos, but your SIL did very well indeed!
ReplyDeleteYour green blocks are very pretty and the geese look perfectly aligned. Great job on those. Love seeing any type of "critter" photos and the tanager pictures are amazing. We don't see them here in IL.
ReplyDeleteOMG how did he ever get the bird to come sit on his hand, how awesome!!!! So I have been doing a few hollow blocks with my grandson before Covid, so I am wondering what setting you are going to do?
ReplyDelete