Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Scrappy Happy Saturday 5-23-20


Linking with Angela at ScrapHappy Saturday!



I made another green scrap basket.  When I made the first one, it was overflowing!



When I commented on The Joyful Quilters blog post on the May 9th Linky party,  Joy replied with a suggestion that we both make a green scrap basket. She suggested a race or a challenge.


On the 16th, I commented on her ScrapHappy Saturday post that I was going to make another basket and was she going to join me.  She accepted my challenge. So here is my basket.

This time I decided to make one in the lighter, brighter greens of the spectrum. That way I could sort the scraps, at least a little bit.




Here are both baskets, scraps sorted! Not quite full. A little  bit of growing room.



This week I worked on another scrappy project that I showed on Finished or Not Friday. So some of you will have seen this one already.  Apologies.


I pieced a backing and found a correct size batting, so now I just need to call my friend with a long arm machine. It will go to Jack's Basket.  All the fabrics were from stash!


Not sure what will happen in my sewing room this coming week. I have another batch of 9 patch and rails in more boy fabrics. Maybe I'll be able to find fabric to set them into a 36 x 36 quilt for Jack's Basket. 

Until next time
Stay Busy, Stay Happy and Stay Healthy


7 comments:

  1. Ugh!! I've got a "Yucky" Green basket and now the Dark GREEN one, but there are SEW many scraps in my stash. BOTH of my green baskets are overflowing! Your lovely new basket reminded me... Now, I think I might need to make a Light/Bright GREEN basket, too. Gee thanks, Judy! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Love your baskets...they look so roomy.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your newest scrap basket is such a pretty green, Judy! I've never made any of those, but would like to. I like your Jack's Basket quilt, too - looks like a quick and fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your basket. I haven't make any but seeing yours made me want to make some. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, am new to your blog and am loving the scrap baskets. Have you posted a pattern at some point? Would love to make some for my stash. Thanks for being there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with those baskets. I only use them for my smaller scraps. I worry about the fabric getting dusty. Maybe I need to make mini scrap blocks to lay over the top of mine. Sounds like a good project for this last week of green month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the baskets.....pretty and practical.

    ReplyDelete