Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 26, 2019

Last Scrap Happy Saturday July




Do you share your “fails”?  Normally that is hard for me and I am trying not to be self deprecating! But I learn from most of my mistakes so that is a good thing!

My first attempt at Tiny Tuesday's wonky star was way past wonky, it was weird!

See how the points in the 2 squares don’t meet in the middle? And there is minimal contrast! Yuk! 

Second try! 
Better I think! I’ll keep the weird one and add it to the back or make an inside pocket in a bag or something! 

I also did a few more Shoo Fly Shoo Blocks. Cause you have to do the red, white and blue one while it’s still July!  I find it’s interesting that the pinkish block looks different than the R,W,B block and the black ,tan and purple block. I think it looks different anyway, Mr. Busy says they are the same!
Different perspectives, I guess.



Nothing else is finished or even almost finished. I did make potato salad in anticipation of our son's visit. Also a batch of his favorite cookies, a rhubarb custard cake with some gifted rhubarb and I chopped some zucchini for use at a later date.

Thursday, our granddaughter and her two littles came over to visit and play with Uncle Scott!  We had a good time, but boy do they wear me out!


So Stay Busy and Stay Happy


I am finally linking up with Scrap Happy Saturday and it's Sunday. I had some issues with my laptop yesterday and then unexpected company showed up, so this morning I am back on.
I'll also link up with Cynthia at Oh Scrap!


4 comments:

  1. I really like your star with the pink background, Judy! Sometimes you don't know how something's going to look until you try it. I think these tiny blocks definitely need good contrast between the background and the little pieces that make up the design. Sounds like you're enjoying your son's visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear you are still going to give that imperfect block a place to shine. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shared my "fail". That first piggy block of mine was messy looking so I had to redo it. I was also thinking that piggy #1 would reside on the back. Lesson learned, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think ALL of your PINK blocks look good! Wonky-wonky is fine. (To me) It's OK if the points don't meet in the middle.

    ReplyDelete