Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 6, 2019

I'm in the Pink - Sorta!




Monday the 1st, Angela announced the new color for July!  PINK!  In my stash, pink comes in lots of shades. Baby girl pink, hot pink, salmon pink, pink that leans toward lavender, dusty rose, fushia, even some chevrons with red mixed in and some red riding hood pink!

I made the Tiny Tuesday block. Fun, fast and really cute. Thanks Libby for the tutorial.

And now there are 6 Scrappy Sprout blocks to add to the other 6 colors. I do not even have a plan for these, I just really like them.


I am always a bit afraid to post photos of my design wall. Usually you will get to see the rest of the messy part of my space. On the left here, my machine sits in a little alcove. It just fits in its cabinet. I have lots of "stuff" to the right of my machine, Pincushions, water bottle, spray bottle, my old Pampered Chef Turnabout that now hold my notions, and of course my iPod and speakers ( gotta have the music!) Someday I'll do a tour!  Not soon though!  heehee!

This next week, I hope to get some Bow Tie Blocks done. The parts are cut and clipped together. I continue making garlic knots as leaders and enders, and now Bonnie has given us a new block for leaders and enders, Shoo Fly Shoo.....so I'll probably cut some of those as I sort through my pink scraps.

We are leaving Friday morning to drive to Lakewood, CO to help my daughter move to a different apartment. Smaller and a bit less expensive.  Housing in Colorado is "out of sight". Her two daughters will be there too, and it will probably the last time we get to see our youngest granddaughter for awhile. She and her fiance are moving to Vermont in early August. It's back home for him and we are so sorry to see them go.

Meanwhile,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy







I'll be linking up with ScrapHappy Saturday and Oh Scrap! tomorrow. See you there.

PS: Here is what happened today!   Crumb blocks to make Precarious by Kelly Young!



Photo made X-large 

This one show it from across the room. I like it a lot!



8 comments:

  1. Creative clutter. It's all good. Enjoy your (working) visit with your daughter and the grands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are making progress I haven't even looked at the pink still - next week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time you post about your leaves I just love them more and more. Gorgeous way to utilize scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sprouts blocks! The Shoofly Blocks look fun, don’t they? I’m thinking it might be a good way to use up some of my neutrals (off white, gray, brown, black) with maybe a zing of color here and there. Still thinking. Oh, and I think the cost of housing has skyrocketed everywhere. Workers really need to see a meaningful raise in wages - income for most of us is not keeping up with costs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those pink sprouts - lots of pretty color! I always enjoy seeing glimpses of other quilters' spaces. The only time I was brave enough to show mine was just after I had cleaned it all out to paint and rearrange the furniture. It doesn't look nearly that neat now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the TT block! Every time I see those sprouts blocks on various blogs I think I should really make some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm doing the same quilt from Kelly's book. Except I haven't figured out my background fabric yet. I love how yours looks. Are you doing the crumb blocks as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sprouts (and the TT Block! And even more, the peek at your sewing space. ;) And then the pop of color in those last photos of all the crumbs. That will be a fabulous quilt. I’m sad for you that you’ll be far from your granddaughter, but Vermont is a spectacular place to visit in any season, so I hope that might be in your future.

    ReplyDelete