I started making scrappy tumblers as part of Bonnie Hunter's Leaders and Enders project in 2015. I was in no hurry.
The idea was to cut and sew and feed through the machine as other blocks were made and quilts were finished.It finally got to a point that it was big enough. The final rows were attached, a border was decided on and a backing flannel was selected.
I called my friend who long arms quilts for me and she said she had time. She had it finished in record time. Then, of course, I needed to trim it up and attach the binding. My least favorite part of making a quilt! I chose a scrappy binding, digging through all my leftover binding pieces. I chose the ones that were cut at 2 1/2 inches. It is my favorite size. It is always a struggle to manage the bulk of the quilt as I attach the binding. I set my traveling machine on our dining room table. I used a walking foot and still, the seam allowance is wonky! You would think after all these years, I would have this part of the process under control !!!!

It is done now, scrappy binding and all. This one will stay with us, probably go in the camper this summer. I will also display it in our annual quilt show in October, I think! It's not a juried show, just for fun!There are Christmas peppermints, black and white birdhouses, a palm tree, some valentine hearts! Lots of miscellaneous fabrics from many projects. I love the striped binding the best!
I will link up with Busy Hands Quilts, Finished Or Not Friday
Oh Scrap at Quilting is More Fun than Housework , on Sunday
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.
And because I finally have a finish, I am linking up with Beauties Pageant at From Bolt to Beauty
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Bears, and foxes and cats, camping!





I'm always envious of quilters who make leaders and enders work for them. This is a complete bonus quilt -- fabric scraps sewn together while working on other projects. Brilliant!
ReplyDelete