A friend was gifted a tote, a large tote, of fabric. She may have taken some of it, but it was pretty full when she brought it to me. I said I would look at it. Well................. there was a lot of fabric. Evidently the original owner of the fabric was a garment maker. For grandchildren I think. There was baseball fabric, Teenage Ninja Turtle, Cabbage Patch Babies, Jasmine from Aladdin, Cinderella fabric with glitter/frost, you get the idea. There was some scraps of fleece, some lining fabric with polyester in it. Some denim scraps, some lace scraps. The lace, and lining, and poly blend fabric will do to the second hand store. What a jumble! Also
My original idea was to just tear some of the more "ugly" fabric into strips for crocheted rugs. I have been doing that for awhile now. I won't strip "Jasmine"...I have 2 great granddaughters that will get something!
But there were some pretty large pieces. Most over a yard, some slightly less. I could not do that!
So I washed, with Color Catchers, 3 batches of various fabrics. I did not dry them in the dryer....I find they fray too much. So I hung them to dry on hangers with clothes pins. What a sight! I should have taken pictures, but I did not decide to blog about this venture until this morning. So this is just some of the fabric that still needs to be trimmed and pressed and folded and stashed!
Today I will continue to press, square up, and cut odd shaped pieces into my "scrap users system."
It's my Not Finished Friday" entry!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


who can refuse free fabric!!
ReplyDeleteBędzie co robić z taka ilością kolorowych skrawków. Życzę super zabawy i pozdrawiam:)
ReplyDelete