I’ve signed up or at least committed to a number of challenges this year. It’s been fun. You can check out my progress, at least some of it. by clicking on 2019 Challenges tab at top of the page.
One of the challenges that is not on the challenges page is my local guild challenge. We select 6 projects for the year. Every 2 months, a die is rolled and that number's project is due in 2 months. In March the #3 was rolled. On my list: 8 Covered in Love Block ( the May-June blocks selected by Kat of Kat and Cat Quilts) were due to be shown. Not a problem usually. But this time, Kat is taking a break from asking for blocks and wants us to support a charity like Jack's Basket, or Mercyful Quilts, or others.
Yikes...how am I going to get a quilt done in 15 days, to show to my local guild and meet my challenge. I followed Nancy at Grace and Peace Quilts last year and she committed to 52 quilts in 52 weeks! She selected to support Jack's Basket and made a baby size quilt from a pattern called Simple Gifts . This pattern was from a little book called Fat Quarter Love from Modern Quilt Studio. (no affiliation, just pointing you to the book) I ordered the book, but had not made a quilt yet. So I got busy. I did not have fat quarters that I wanted to use, but I did have leftover baby fabric - Winnie the Pooh. I fussy cut from chunks of fabric, selected 2 other coordinating stash fabrics and a strip of contrasting fabric for the dividing strip. Here is what it looks like on the design wall.
I don't have a long arm machine, but I'll piece a backing from some extra fabric and another Pooh chunk. I will piece an appropriate size batting too. I'll contact my favorite long arm quilter and see if she a time to "whip out a quick stipple". I should have it ready to reveal on the 19th. Wish me luck!
Some left over fabric from the front, and another Pooh fabric should be good for the back.
The red with white polka dots is the contrasting strip and I will use it for the binding too!!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy





No comments:
Post a Comment