Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Scrappy Saturday 5-11

So far only 6 scrappy sprout blocks and one Tiny Tuesday in Orange!  Funny thing about orange. There are Halloween fabrics, pastel peach flowers, Bronco orange circles, pumpkin colored swirls, motorcycling cats, flames on a black background, oh my!  Fabric is cut for Bow tie blocks, and I may or may not have strings enough for one or two string blocks. We will see. I don't do string blocks til I have enough to at least make one block, because I change the needle and the stitch length.

Sorry for the out of focus! I'll try for a better photo later in the month. 

Road to "Tranquility"


Bow tie blocks at the ready. And my messy sewing station. PS, I haven't used orange in my temperature quilt yet!  It will be awhile


I have been using the sprout blocks as leaders and enders, but I really am anxious for Bonnie Hunter to reveal her new L and E block in July. I have 2" blocks cut and corraled in a box and I have 2 1/2" blocks, always!   I am sure some of them will be in the mix!




I'll be linking up with Angela's Scrappy Saturday post. See you there!

Stay Busy and Stay Happy





3 comments:

  1. I am the same way when trying to choose orange for projects - so many different varieties and shades to choose from! Your sprouts are lots of fun and the TT block looks great! I didn't get to work in mine until this afternoon, so will show it next week. Have fun sewing up some bowties this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are looking good in ORANGE! Please, please, PLEASE tell me that you are going to double-sew those Bow Tie corners. I would hate to see those Bonus HSTs wasted!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them in Orange!! and you are right - so many variations!!

    ReplyDelete