Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 5, 2019

Finished or Not Friday April 5th

This image does not link, but there is a link at the bottom of my post, or click on the image in the right side bar!



No finishes this week either. But that doesn't mean that I haven't been in my sewing room.

Monday I finished 2 more red string blocks for a total of 3 red.   After being inspired by the All About String blocks on Creatin' in the Sticks. I say finished because it does make a mess, at least I make a mess sewing string blocks. Now that mess is temporarily put away.






Tuesday, Angela announced the new color for RSC19!  AQUA!  So I spent part of the day going through my aqua/turquoise/teal scraps. I knew I would be making Scrappy Sprout blocks. I cut 2 1/2" squares and pulled out the already cut stack of squares. I cut matching pairs of triangles to make HST in aqua/neutral using the Essential Triangle ruler. I love that ruler! These are stacked on a project board ready to sew, sew, sew!





And I printed the tutorial for the Tiny Tuesday block by Beaquilter.  I didn't get started on it, but I had the directions!  Wednesday I cut those little pieces and stitched it together. OMG it is so cute! I am not sure if it should be set diagonally or straight. I'll await instruction from Angela at So Scrappy. She is knee deep in moving to a new home, so the guest designers have been a big help to her!  Hooray for online friends!




Wednesday also, was my monthly sewing group, Loose Threads. It was rainy and drizzly, I almost did not go. Much easier to retreat to my downstairs sewing room and sew. But I had not seen this group in a while, so I loaded up my machine, and ALL my STUFF and drove on over. I had prepared the Scrappy Sprout blocks, after all.  Two are done!  Cause there was lots of talking and sharing going on too!!





I also cut pieces for bow tie blocks of aqua and some black, but did not get to those until Thursday.


And Thursday I cut pieces for the first 3 days of April for my Temperature Quilt blocks. The colors are changing from deep blues and purples to light blues and even some "aqua".



So still sewing and sewing today!


Stay Busy and Stay Happy





ps: I am linking up with Finished or Not Friday!








3 comments: