Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 19, 2019

Busy week, some progress, nothing to shout about!

A little bit of this and a lot of "bonding!


Nothing finished this week. I spent 4 days with my sister being her "cheerleader" while she was undergoing chemotherapy treatment. She felt good and we had marvelous "sister time". This morning I am home and looking forward to a bit of sewing while preparing for probable company for Sunday dinner. I have some things for baskets, candy, socks, plastic eggs, so I have to get those put together.

I did start on a small crocheting project that was easy to transport. It has been awhile since I did any crocheting and the learning curve though gentle was uphill!



There are some "boo-boos", but it is just a cotton dishcloth....so I will not stress over any imperfections. The next one will be better.

I also prepared some fabric (all from my stash, of course)  for hand stitching of mug rugs from the free patterns at Shabby Fabrics. A friend is making these too and her's  inspired me. I thought I would stitch on them while I was visiting with my sister, but we just talked and talked and celebrated! But they are ready for another quiet slow stitching time. Aren't they tooooo cute? The pattern calls for wool, or felted wool. But while searching for my black felt, I found a large scrap of black cotton duck I used eons ago to make club vests for Mr Busy and myself. Use it up!!!



Shabby Fabrics has the instructions on their website. Free downloads, or they have a YouTube video series also. I have no affiliation, just love their cute projects.

I'll link up to Finished or Not Friday!   This is definitely a NOT Friday!
and I will link up to So Scrappy Saturday  I did not get any more aqua scrappy projects done, but the little mug rugs use up some scraps!  My plan today, is to do the aqua Tiny Tuesday project, start on the stitching down of the vine applique and to clean at least the guest bathroom before Easter dinner.



Stay Busy and Stay Happy

3 comments:

  1. Aren't those flower mug rugs cute?! They look fun to stitch! Glad your sister did well at her treatment, and you enjoyed your time with her. I bet she appreciated having you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether you got a lot done of not, the whole point of a blog is to share your projects. Congrats on your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you & your sister are able to enjoy visits during chemo. Most would think of it as a downer but you two are being positive. Love the mug rugs and I think the black cotton duck will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete