Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Green Mr. Hoot!

I was reluctant to post the photo of my owl from Tiny Tuesday this week. I struggle with "Tiny" and then you add flip triangles in 1" squares and you have a recipe for disaster. I had to trim a couple of pieces to make them fit. And I think my eyes are cut a bit big also. Can you see the left side of his head, on the right as you are looking at him, is "off"?  






But Diann at Little Penguin Quilts posted her owl and he is a bit wonky too. So I am feeling just a tad better!


I am enjoying these Tiny Tuesday blocks so far.  I posted about my sprout and bow tie blocks last week. I am only making 4 of each color so it's easy to get them done all at once. 

Off to link Mr. Hoot up to So Scrappy Saturday  at So Scrappy and to Can I Get a Whoop Whoop  at Confessions of a Fabric Addict!  And I will check out all the other posts at those to blogs! 

 Happy Spring!


Stay Busy and Stay Happy


15 comments:

  1. I love his worried look! And he's fine as he is except maybe he needs a friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owl is definitely cute! I had to trim parts of my owl, too. Thankfully, real owls are not perfectly symmetrical either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he is cute! they all tip their heads different ways right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I think is amazing is that our owls are a bit off in the exact same spot! But aren't they cute anyway?! Love the flowery wings on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The owl has great personality! If his eyes are off, I don't care, because that is what makes him shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done very well. I have cut out my block and will sew it today. Wish me luck. There are a lot of 1" squares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think wonky gives him an adorable personality. He IS a hoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your little owl is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little owl is wonderful, wonky adds a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable little owl. I just found this block pattern yesterday. Looks fussy with all the little pieces but well worth the effort ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your tiny owl. I'm looking forward to making mine when I get home!!!

    ReplyDelete