Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Tiny Bits of Yellow

Last week was a difficult one for me. Emotionally. My sister, recently widowed, started her treatment for lung cancer. Being a cancer survivor myself, I was concerned, worried, anxious. The quilt I made for her, was at the long armer. I wanted to drive to our LQS, to buy fabric for the binding. It is 20 miles away, but she was closed due to illness. Luckily, I checked her facebook page before driving out!  Normally I would use something in my stash, but this quilt needed fabric to coordinate with the front and the backing.

Long story, short. I needed something to do!  Something small and quick, something I could complete but would keep me occupied for short sections of time. I was skipping around reading blogs and logged on to So Scrappy. I participate in Angela's Rainbow Scrappy Challenge and I was checking to see if I could link to other blogs from last week, to read about their progress. It was Tuesday!

Now, I had decided not to participate with Tiny Tuesday when Angela started it. But there it was a yellow Ohio Star block. Happy and fun!  A link to a great tutorial and I was hooked. So here is what kept me busy last week as I waited on daily reports from my Sis.


I did the Ohio Star, the Friendship Star then went back one week and did the 9-patch and the Shoo Fly block. I am happy to report that the block making went well and my sister is doing well also.

It is snowy and blowy here in NE Wyoming. Messy roads, no travel advised outside the city limits
and driveways that need attention  but these block are making me smile.

I am linking to So Scrappy Saturday at Angela's blog.

Stay Busy and Stay Happy






ps: Lynnie's Longarming called and my quilt is off the machine, so I will have it tomorrow. I did get out to the LQS for binding fabric, and last night I got it cut and joined and pressed. So I am ready to finish that this week. And there needs to be a label made also!

9 comments:

  1. Your yellow blocks are definitely a sunny spot on a wintery day when we are advised to stay home. Happy sewing. I can't wait to see the quilt all done. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your sister's illness. It's good that she has you to help her through it. Your sunny yellow blocks are a bright spot in a dreary day. Hope everything goes well for everyone this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry your sister and all of you are going through the cancer journey (again) - and so tough on her being recently widowed as well. I love the Ohio star and your blocks are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of fabrics! I’ll keep your sister in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look so wonderful against the white

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Northern Colorado! I'm so glad the Tiny Tuesday blocks brought you something happy to do just when you needed it this week. They turned out beautifully! Sending positive thoughts for your sister, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful blocks, and great with the white frames. Best wishes for you and your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SEW glad that you were able to find a bit of peace in the piecing of these lovely YELLOW blocks and got some good news, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for your sister, Judy. Great idea, finding meaning in stitching. I look forward to seeing your quilt hug.

    ReplyDelete