Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 22, 2019

TGIFF and Finished or Not Friday Comfort Quilt

I finished the comfort quilt for my sister. The label is on it, though to protect her privacy I won't show it to you. You'll have to trust me that it is done!

I am going to be with her for her second round of Chemotherapy in early March. I will give it to her then.



Sorry about the corners being cut off in the photo. Indoor pictures are hard sometimes.  It is snowing again outside...so no photos are possible. Next year I really hope to have a "clothesline" set up so I can do outdoor photos no matter the weather.


This is the backing I chose. It is flannel. Her husband was a cabinet maker and I hope the wood like fabric will fell like his arms around her when she uses this quilt.
The quilting, though hard to see is called Wandering Daisy done by my friend Lynn Grassel. If you look closely in the light background you can see the leaves look like wandering hearts. I love that! It's done in a variegated thread that picks up the colors in the rectangles.

I'm off to finish some laundry and check out the other Finished or Not Friday link ups at Myra's blog, Busy Hands Quilts.
And I'm linking up with Alycia and TGIFF at Alycia Quilts.




Stay Busy and Stay Happy



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt, and good for you for going with her for her second round - fingers crossed for her! And I love your backing idea - hugs around her always ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! I love the pattern and colors!!

    ReplyDelete