Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 23, 2019

February OMG Goal has been met!





My February OMG goal was to make 4 bowl cozies. I gifted some at Christmas and had a request for more. So I scrounged through my larger scraps! Tried to find something fitting for each recipient and made sure I had 100% cotton batting and thread. Assembly line sewing sometimes makes you think of a faster method. There are 8 angles to cut and sew in each bowl. Times 4, which turned into 5, that is 40 angles!  I after the first 8, I decided to make a template.


 Not pretty, it's part of a facial tissue box, but it worked great!


 Angles marked, stitched and trimmed!

More angles being stitched.

 First one done, 4 others on deck to do the final joining of the lining to the outside!


Here are all five. Four outsides and one inside. Both white ones have turquoise outsides.



I mailed them off for Valentine's Day. One to my daughter, one to my sister, 3 to my granddaughter
and her fiance! (Because the fabric was so cute and I had enough!)


I will link to Patty's
 Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - February Finish Link-up


Now to decide what I will do for March???


Stay Busy and Stay Happy

4 comments:

  1. What great gifts. I can see why you had more orders. I made some a while ago and they are used all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I love those bowls.. actually need to make some more, so thanks for the reminder! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete