Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 1, 2019

Linking Up February OMG Goal


January has come and gone. Our weather has been rather mild and a bit boring. My temperature quilt is a whole lot of blue!  We did not get caught in the Polar Vortex and we are thankful. We did get wind though, so we have snow drifted, but not snow in other places. 

I have been working on the comfort quilt for my sister. Three blocks to go and then I will make sure I like the arrangement and put the blocks together into a top. That is NOT my Feb goal. 

My February OMG goal is to make 4 bowl cozies!  A bowl cozy looks like this...


this picture from the craftwarehouse.com site. They have a tutorial on their website.  I promised my youngest granddaughter and her fiance some bowl cozies at Christmas. I made them baked potato bags. Also, my daughter requested a second one. I made her one ( she lives alone) and also my sister mentioned that she had seen them at a craft show in her area and thought one would be nice. So that is my goal! 

I will link up with Patty at:
Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal February Link-up. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy





6 comments:

  1. I keep saying I'm going to make some bowl cozies, but haven't done it yet. Maybe when I get back into my house and have access to my sewing machine I will.
    Thanks for stopping by The Crooked Yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! Do you find you have to modify the pattern to suit differently sized bowls, or is it a one-size-fits-all approach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use our bowl cozies all the time! Have you made the bigger flatter (14" square) plate copies? Great for when you warm leftovers a plate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bowl cozies for myself are on my to-do list! I've made them for my Mom and sisters, but never for myself. Maybe if I put it as a monthly goal, like you have, I might get it done. Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to stitch something both useful and pretty. I love it. Good Luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete