Some finishes that I can finally show. Our Challenges for 2018 were revealed at our Christmas party. We each drew from brown paper bag - a "shape", 2 colors and a "technique". I selected "Farm Animal", Red & Pink, and for a technique, Crazy Quilting.
This is the finished project:
Pink and Red Pig with embroidered "parts names" and various stitched around the edges of each piece. It was very fun! I did a small grid quilting in the background.
The backing was discovered at a quilt store about 2 hours from home, and there is a hidden zipper under the red heart piece. I am happy with it.
I did get 3 potato bags and 2 bowl cozies made for Christmas gifts. I will be adding in some packets of soup mix and a homemade tree ornament.
Potato bags and the bowl cozies, upside down so you can see the outside. The teal colored one is for our daughter.
same potato bags with the cozied turned right side up so you can see the inside. The one with the beer bottles is for our son. It matches the backing in the quilt he got for his 50th Bday!
I am still working on flying geese blocks and having a difficult time. I am not sure why?
My great nephew had his first birthday party last Saturday and the Wednesday before, his grandpa (my brother) had a heart attack. All are in MN. My brother looks pretty good, don't ya think?( in the middle in the back)
Smash cakes are the best! Hooray!!!
I also have been working on these little fun projects. A friend was making them and said she had found the idea on Pinterest. I dug around in my yarn scraps, Mr Busy cut 2 toilet paper rolls into 3/4" circles and I went to town. I thought I needed 10. I have since recounted my kids and grands and great grands and spouses and significant others and need 12 + 2 if I want 2 for our own tree. I have already gifted 2 to our youngest granddaughter and her fiance. They were here for Thanksgiving and so I sent 2 home with them. They are in Loveland CO and hope to have a real tree this year.
I have 5 that need to be sent to AZ and 4 that need to stay here and one to go home with our daughter when she comes for her birthday and early Christmas on the 15th. So I have at least 4 more to make.
Thanks all, oh there was a "squirrel" project...but I'll share that a bit later. 😃
I'm linking up at Busy Hands Quilts : Finished or Not Friday!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy








No comments:
Post a Comment