Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

A quilt top finished and donated. Challenge completed.

All People Quilt -  Final UFO Challenge for 2018.  Jelly Jive top - get it DONE!


  This is the quilt top that I finished at a retreat and just could not get back to it. I don't like it! My friends like it, one even offered me some fabric for binding.  So I was determined to "git'r done!"
And these next two pictures are of the completed quilt.


I ordered some wide backing. Never having used that before, I made a math error and so I inserted a bit of the binding fabric to make it work. I think it looks alright!




My friend quilted it for me, in a pink thread and I think that is good too! I decided to donate it to our local libraries "silent auction" in November. I recently received this letter from the library foundation.  My quilt brought $50 and in all, the library received $2,150.50 in proceeds. I am disappointed, that more was not given to the auction. But a UFO is done, someone has a new quilt I hope they love and some dollars were received by our library. 






Stay Busy and Stay Happy


1 comment:

  1. your area sounds like mine - I donated a quilt for raffle and it didn't bring in much either - I guess people think they are wal-mart quilts

    ReplyDelete