Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

December OMG finish




My OMG Goal for December was to finish at least 8 blocks to contribute to the CiL Nove-Dec block drive. 





It's December 15th and  well, the 8 flying geese blocks for CiL are done. This was the November and December block for the CiL Block Drive.  See the post here.

I am not happy with them. Some measure 12.5" and some are just a sliver shy of 12.5".  I had real trouble with fabric selection and even a worse time getting the individual geese blocks to come out at 3.5" x 6.5" unfinished.

I am putting them in the mail this week to Kat at Kat and Cat Quilts with a note of apology and permission to use them on the back of a quilt or to just toss them.

I took this photo Saturday December 12th.  And I know Patty won't have the OMG Finish Link up ready until the last week of December, but my next 2 weeks are really busy with family and Christmas prep. Also our daughter is coming home for this next week, her birthday is tomorrow the 16th. So this post will be on hold until I can link up with the December OMG link up.

ps:  It is 2:30 am on the 26th. I can't sleep, for some reason, so I am in my office space and thought I would check to see if maybe Patty had scheduled the linkup post for the December finish. Yes, she did. So I will post this and link up. 
I hope your past few days were wonderful. May the new year bring you and your family peace and many blessings!


Stay Busy and Stay Happy





4 comments:

  1. Don't sweat it, I think they are fine. Most of the time they will have odd blocks to use together with other odd blocks. It will work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's difficult to get a perfect block, but like Angela says, finished is better than perfect! I'm sure they will be able to be used in some way! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love flying geese! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your finish! These blocks are beautiful

    ReplyDelete