Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 17, 2026

SAHRR Round #4 Curves


 When Wendy announced Round #4 prompt, curves, I had several thoughts. Drunkard’s Path, Orange Peels, appliqués circles, I even looked for a piece of fabric with printed curves. I’m trying to keep my project wall hanging size.  I’ve used a pansy print already. But that seemed like a cop out. 


So I decided on orange peels on the left hand border. I only wanted the border to be 4” finished. I looked up several patterns, but they all were on a 5.5” inch piece or bigger! 


It finally dawned on me that I could use petal shapes. I found several in a collection of patterns from BH&G Patchwork and Quilting calendars! From 2013!

.


Theses are not appliquéd on yet, but they are fused in place. I’ll finish them today. 

I might embroider some detail on each little half flower. 


Sharing over at Wendy’s blog Pieceful Thoughts’ 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful. 




8 comments:

  1. I'm really liking your SAHRR! Purple is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, your orange peels are perfect! I love how you added in the yellow. This is turning out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Well done on thinking out of the box to come up with the template!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I were on the same wave length--I wish I'd known about your dilemma because I put a tip sheet with 3 1/2" orange peels, which would fit perfectly in your four-inch space. I like your solution! Very clever -- they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty so far. I love your color choices and the migrating geese is something I want to learn how to construct. I really like what you have done with your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your curved petals. They are such a lovely addition to your already very pretty quilt. How nice that you still had that calendar on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sew cute. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like it!! what fun this piece is going to be!

    ReplyDelete