A few finishes this week.
The THANKFUL Doodle from Heart in Hand is fully finished. I say this idea first when a friend brought hers to Show n Tell at our Thursday Stitchers. I’ve learned, since then, that Heart in Hand calls it a FRILL. They have a tutorial on YouTube.
Frill Finish from Heart in Hand I don’t follow all her steps, but it is very close. I had a slab of green florists foam from Hobby Lobby that Mr. Busy cut for me on his scroll saw. An electric knife works or a serrated knife from the kitchen drawer. I wanted this thicker so we glued 2 pieces together. I used a scrap of fall colored fabric and a piece of 2” wired ribbon rescued from a floral bouquet a long time ago.
Then I finished HELLO AUTUMN into a larger than normal dough bowl filler. There is no real technique, but there are several videos on YouTube for finishing dough bowl pillows. No room on the buffet for my dough bowl, so I propped up AUTUMN against a paperweight. :)
I work on the octopuses at my stitching group on Thursdays. It’s getting closer to the finish line.
And the Gingerbread Saltbox from Melisa at Pinker n Punkin Quilts at home in the evenings or during football games on the weekends.
There is always another design calling me.
I’m linking up with Kathy’s Quilts, Slow Sunday Stitching event
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful.





Your finishes look just great, Judy! I like the idea of wrapping around the florists's foam - I'll have to try that. Hello Autumn is pretty with that coordinating fabric. And great progress on your octopus project, too! I agree - there's always another project waiting in the wings!
ReplyDelete