Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 31, 2025

Table Scraps Challenge

 


October is nearly over. Time for the Table Scraps Challenge. This month the “color” was Light and/or Dark NEUTRALS. And the TSC prompt was denim.  I haven’t made a couple of denim button front shirts that I like to wear over tanks in the summer, over tee-shirts in the fall and spring and over long sleeve shirts in the winter. 

A favorite well used one with a Fall theme had seen better days. 

Faded is ok with me, but holes in the elbows…..not ok. 

So I went to my crumb blocks box and found a light neutral piece and a dark neutral piece. I put a scrap of light weight Heat n Bond on the back of both pieces. I rounded the corners of each one and ironed one on each elbow of my faded denim shirt. 



I whipped stitched each one into place. Then went back and blanket/buttonhole stitched both. I began practicing some embellishment stitches.      ⤴️


       Looks like I need more practice ⤵️

I finally ended up using a small embroidery hoop to save my left hand. Stitching on a sleeve takes constant rearranging of the fabric and your grip!

I preserved, even adding an embroidered butterfly to a worn spit on the sleeve placket. 
This is the left sleeve. 



And finished.    Maybe it’s just mending, but I used an interfacing, so it’s 3 layers and I “hand stitched/quilted”  them.  And I used up some of my scraps and save a shirt from the landfill. 


Sharing with like-minded quilters/makers at The Joyful Quilter for Table Scraps Challenge. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful. 







6 comments:

  1. I love what you did, Judy! Perfect for the challenge. It looks like this shirt will be fun to wear again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect fit for the challenge! Fun additions to your jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The patches are super cute. It gives the denim shirt character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy, that is such a great idea. Your patches and shirt look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great save, Judy! You did some lovely stitching for a unique take on the October prompt for the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge and used a few NEUTRAL fabric bits. Big win!

    ReplyDelete