Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 17, 2025

I LIKE Thursday

 



This Maundy Thursday before Easter, LeeAnna posed this prompt.



Tell us about Easter Baskets!


The image above is my recollection of my Easter Baskets in my growing up years.I remember hollow chocolate bunnies and jelly beans with stringy green Easter grass. Maybe some devoted eggs too. We never had Peeps. I guess my mom didn’t like them so she didn’t buy them. Maybe they weren’t available back then! I know we always got new socks, I don’t recall much else. As parents we always did Easter Baskets for our two. They varied from plastic woven baskets to metal or plastic sand pails with shovels. Always chocolate foil covered eggs, jelly belly’s, M&M s in pastel colors and of course socks and bottles of liquid bubbles with the tiny bubble wand inside the bottle. One time for our great grands I filled colorful rubber rain boots. Candy, socks, crayons, sidewalk chalk, and bubble liquid too. 

I’m trying to finish the selected read for Page Turners meeting on Monday. I’m struggling. The book is good, it’s just my concentration that’s failing. 


I did a Fully Finish on the Easter Rabbit Alphabet Sampler.   Note to self: “don’t be so darn stingy with the fabric.”  I almost  couldn’t get the cross stitch fabric wrapped around this block of floral foam. 





Our trees in our yard are leafing out. And snow is predicted for today. TYPICAL!!


Photo taken at 7:20 am can you see the snow starting to build up on the porch railing? 


Mr Busy and I are binging on LOST! We never got hooked when is was current, but now we are. 


It’s Sci- Fi and created by Jeffrey Lieber, JJ Abrams and Damon Lindelof. It’s definitely strangely addicting and wonderfully confusing. I joked that I am “lost” a lot. 😳!



I dug out a shoebox of Triple Treat block. A leader and ender project from Bonnie Hunter. I had thought needed 42 blocks for a smallish baby quilt, I had 46 in the box. What the heck! I put it up on the design wall and immediately didn’t like it. 


I like it better this morning. I guess I just needed to sleep on it. 

So what did I do? I decided to make 10 more for a 7x8 layout. So, there’s that. 


Last week I showed my SAHRR finish and when I got home from my stitching group, I found an email from Quilting Gail, stating that I had been randomly selected to win a prize. A pattern from Denise at A Quiltery. Hurrah for me. Thanks Gail and Denise. I’ll get it downloaded and show which one I chose,  next week!


Go find links to other I LIKE Thursday participants at Not Afraid of Color


Stay Busy and Stay Safe and Healthy and Hopeful. 



3 comments:

  1. It's supposed to snow here, too, possibly tomorrow. Hope it doesn't hurt the leafed out trees! I think our baskets looked just like yours! I remember the colorful weaving. Your bunny sampler is adorable! That is a neat way to finish it. I like your Triple Treat blocks, Judy - colorful and scrappy! I know what you mean about not being able to concentrate - lots of things to worry about in our crazy world these days. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thursday, Judy. I had Easter baskets similar to yours growing up. I love the idea of rain boots filled with Easter goodies. How cute and clever. I adore your Mini Bunny Sampler; your finish is spectacular. Thank you so much for stitching it. You brought the biggest smile to my day. 🤗 Your Triple Treat blocks are looking marvelous; the colors pop. I got hooked on Lost when it came out. It was a great show with twists and turns. I wish you a lovely day and Happy Easter. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost! My coworkers and I used to get together every week to discuss our theories! Such fun. That's a lot of scrappy squares!

    ReplyDelete