Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 24, 2025

I LIKE Thursday. Last of April

 



Lee Anna asked……

where do you do your computer work, or blogging?  For example at the kitchen table like me or on your lap in front of the tv? at an actual desk? Do you use a computer or do it from your phone or ipad?  show us a pic if you can, of your set up for blogging.


I wish I could say that I have dedicated spot to blog. I almost always blog from my iPad, while sitting in my rocker in our living room. I rarely use my phone. Sometimes, if Blogger is being especially troublesome, I will use my Laptop. It is in our basement family room on a lovely handmade oak computer desk, designed and built by my late brother-in-law. 




This week I have been working at using up some of the red scraps from my cutting table. 




The Table Scraps Challenge was the project. I hope to have it finished by Friday or Saturday. I’ll have a picture then. 

⁉️❓❓⁉️❓


I did not make any more red potato chip blocks. I decided 6 red ones were enough. If I do 6 for each of the 10 months, it will be more than enough for a quilt. 


When my granddaughter was here last Saturday, we stood on the front porch and visited one last time before she got in her car to go home. She spied a bird nest on the porch light at our front door. 


I can’t tell if it’s completed or if the mama bird changed her mind. But it’s definitely a new structure this Spring. 💗

My book club met on Monday. Our fearless leader, passed out copies of book titles, total pages and synopsis from Goodreads. There are 61 books for us to consider. We don’t meet in the summer, so our reading year runs from September to May. A lot of our original founding members were school teachers. I wonder what we will decide on. We finished The Reading List by Sara Nisha Adams. I recommend it. 4.5/5 stars. 



Our last book for the year is : 

How to Solve Your Own Murder by Kristen Perrin. 




Goodreads says it is: ‘ For fans of Knives Out and Thursday Murder Club.” It is set in London in 1965. And it’s the first in a series. I’ve just started it. 


I found this while scrolling yesterday. It sounded like a fun idea. Do you journal?



 If you want to see what other people like , click on over to LeeAnna’s Not Afraid of Color. LeeAnna has a list of bloggers who participate in I LIKE THURSDAY. 

7 comments:

  1. Those are great journal prompts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bird on a lamp just like my robin last year! Great title ideas and those journaling prompts are also awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun post, Judy. I am still mulling over the Tablescrap challenge. I do journal- Love those prompts. I usually journal about my day. It is nice to look back at old journals . I have a bird nesting in my backdoor wreath. So we are now entering through other doors. Birds build nests in the strangest places. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful desk, Judy - a family heirloom! I'm like you, though - I would rather sit in my comfy chair and use my tablet these days. Looking forward to seeing your table scraps project this week! That last book for your book club sounds interesting - I will have to look that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous desk! I'm sure it's a nice spot to sit and use your laptop or iPad. Your book club chooses some great books. I've a read those two and really enjoyed them. It's so fun to see where birds are building their nests. They pick such odd spots!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting journal prompts. I don't journal every day - I'd be overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. which prompts would you like us to answer Judy? Let me know. My BD is on 13th and I like that one a lot. I loved the knives out movies, I'll go looking for that series, thanks! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete