I almost didn’t write a post today! I have been feeling walked on and hopeless in the last week. I didn’t go to our 4th of July Parade. My excuse was it was cool and I didn’t want to walk several blocks and then stand for an hour.
As we were on the phone with our son, a B1 Bomber from nearby Ellsworth Air Force Base, flew over the parade and then our house. It was deafening! I am hoping our military is strong and resolute in the coming days!
But I must be hopeful! I must believe that we as an American people will be ok. So I will try to tell you about some likes.
I finished this little stamp stitch and it joined others on my buffet. You can see all the little stitches above. ⤴️
I’m reading The Woman They Could Not Silence by Kate Moore. I’m just getting started and it’s not exactly an easy read, but important!
I hung some of my other July, Independence Day patriotic decor.
This is a Patchabilities Design. I have made one or two for each month.The local committee that organizes and runs our Quilt Show
in October posted this on their Facebook page.
It made me grin!
I learned that our oldest great grandson, his mom (our granddaughter) and his grandma (our ex-daughter-in-law) went to see Hamilton at the Gammage Theatre on the ASU campus in Tempe AZ.



I'm sorry you weren't feeling up to par earlier but I hope getting to "work" in your sewing room brightened your day. Your back is lovely and so are all your patriotic decorations. Hope you had a great 4th of July!
ReplyDeleteSorry you weren't feeling well, hope you are better today. Is it cool in your neck of the woods? We are actually supposed to be below 90 today - yippee! I absolutely love that little Patchabilities flag, I'm on the hunt for one now.
ReplyDeleteIt's easy to feel like we individual citizen/voters don't have much power right now - many things seem to be against us. You did a good job finding fun things to share anyway, Judy! I love all your handmade July decorations. I'd like to see Hamilton, too - I've watched some of it on Disney+ and it's so interesting! Have a good Friday!
ReplyDeleteI love your Independence Day Decorations! I know how you feel about politics lately. It's disheartening. Let's just hope for the best. I'd love to see Hamilton. Love your cross stitch too! I did a little sewing on the holiday too!
ReplyDelete