Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 16, 2024

I LIKE Thursday ~ 5-16-24






LeeAnna asks:

What lessons from your childhood have most impacted your worldview?

This is a pretty thought provoking question. I was raised in the Methodist Church. My parents were charter members of the small neighborhood church that we attended. I know that my church family and the Sunday School lessons helped form my view of what the world should be. Love Thy Neighbor  meant just that! It didn’t matter if they were the same as us or different. Wish that was still how my neighbors behaved. 




Some other happenings. 


I cleaned a cupboard and found 3, nearly full containers of Poppy Seeds. I’m not sure how old the red and white tin is, but it says 75 c on the top. Oh, and I disposed of several spices that were very old!


I made a small baby quilt top. It’s not a quilt yet, but progress is progress. I’ve named it, “Eat My Dust!”
The blue novelty fabric has those words and others. 
This is another version of the Back and Forth pattern by Sarah Goer. 





And I’ll be stitching the binding on the quilt for my nephew. I picked it up on Wednesday and almost have it trimmed and ready. Actually Deanna at my LQS attached the binding, so all I have to do is hand stitch it down. 


I used a gingham piece and didn’t quite have enough. My nephew is a Science professor at the University of Minnesota, so I thought the black piece of math formulas would work! I need to make a label, finish the binding and get it in the mail!


Sharing at I Like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color! 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



5 comments:

  1. It's always odd what you find lurking in the back of those spice cabinets! For me it was so many containers of paprika!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had those spice cabinet experiences, too, lol! I agree that the teaching of Love Thy Neighbor isn't practiced in the same way these that I always thought it meant, Judy. The world is a mixed up place these days. Great quilts - Eat My Dust is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'd be ashamed if someone saw the age of my spices, those in the back of the cupboard for sure. Lovely quilts, Judy and hand stitching the binding on that beautiful finish will be relaxing. I was raised United which had been formed from the Methodist church. Definitely taught respect and to love thy neighbour. The world is just not the same place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure churches are still teaching love thy neighbor... but I remember that was in the values package I was taught
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did some getting-rid-of-old-spice-jars myself. No poppy seeds there :-) "Eat my dust" had me laughing. I remember this funny quote from an old journal I had - "It is easy to love the world. It is that goddamn neighbor that is so difficult". :-D Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete