Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 16, 2024

Finished or Not Friday 2-16-24


Finally a finish. This smaller version of EnProvence, from Bonnie Hunter . In 2016. I started by making 1/2 the blocks. It was a mystery, so I wasn’t sure how that would go. 

Last page of the pattern. 16 blocks! 

I made 9 blocks, 15 “ square, plus borders. 

I stalled out on getting it to a quilter. Last summer I asked a friend who had quilted other things for me. She had decided not to quilt for others. It was then I discovered the one wrong block. 


And I had pieced a backing of this modern lavender and orange fabric! I fixed the wrong block, and still really didn’t like the backing. So it hung in the closet. 

In January I went lookin through my stash for a different backing fabric. I settled on a piece of Thimbleberries fabric that was provided in a BOM class I took. I did not finish that quilt and will not. I have used up some of the fabric in other projects. I was pleasantly surprised when I realized this was a wide back fabric! I cut it to 78 X 78 after checking with a LQS for her requirements. I took it to her on January 31st, a Wednesday. She called me on Thursday, to say it was finished. Wow! I picked it up Friday. Then needed to trim it up and make the binding. I had selected this fabric as a possible, a long time ago!



Fast forward to yesterday. I  finished hand stitching the binding down at my Thursday Stitchers group!



It needs a label, and it will be completely finished!  I’m linking up with Alycia for Finished or Not Friday! 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



6 comments:

  1. En Provence is a beauty! I really like the backing you decided on, and the purple binding looks just perfect for it, too. Hooray for a finish, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is wonderful Judy. The colours are perfect. Bonnie Hunter does some amazing mystery quilts. This looks rather challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. En Provence is my favorite of the mysteries, I think. Yours turned out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish! It's a beauty! I've made one too, with 9 blocks, similar colors to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty quilt Judy! I love the backing, it is perfect, and that binding makes a nice little pop. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo hoo !! that is a gorgeous finish!!

    ReplyDelete