Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching. 1-21-24



I'm joining Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching and friends to share our creative slow projects. Today I'll stitch as we watch the playoff football games, The Buccaneers at The Lions and our favorite, The Chiefs at The Bills. 


I’ve been continually stitching in the evenings on GROW.  The letters are done, and the extras on the same row. Just getting started on the borders. 


Design by Sheri Berger from Colorado Cross Stitcher. 

Stitched on 28 ct Cashel Linen, Ivory with suggested alternate DMC colors. It will be a bit bigger than the designed size. She used 36 count Winter Woolens and stitched with Weeks Dye Works floss. 



I’ll be putting last week’s  temperature pluses on my heart cross stitch. This is definitely a slow stitch. Each little plus, for each day of the year, takes edited 5 not 4x's. So every Sunday I stitch the last 7 days or 32x 35 crossstitches.




And last week I started stitching on Woven Wreath sampler  SAL with Kathy Schmitz! I’ve watched her video twice, and again this morning before Mr. Busy got up. I think I’ve got it! I've embroidered for years, but can always use pointers from other stitchers. Especially from artists like Kathy Schmitz!

hat, face and snowflake done


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful! 










6 comments:

  1. Grow is growing! I like the shape of those letters - especially the W with the flowers in the center. I liked KS's video for the embroidery piece, too - she had some stitch techniques I wouldn't have known to try. Have a great Sunday, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always something to learn even though we've been stitching forever, isn't there?? Love the design of the letters in 'GROW'. It's looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grow is so pretty, love the letter W. Cute snowmen too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is pretty - I love GROW! I'm looking forward to seeing how your temperature CS goes. We watched the games too, and the Chiefs/Bills game was really exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching on a great wintry project, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hands were very happy this week! I didn't realize the Kathy Schmidt SAL was being stitched on a cheater cloth not actual pieced blocks. Very cool! Something to try in the future.

    ReplyDelete