Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 25, 2024

I LIKE Thursday 24.4




I found the above reminder on Sweatpants and Coffee, a page I follow on Facebook! I think it fits the bill of our I Like Thursday friends! I’m joining LeeAnna  at Not Afraid of Color



After our new flooring was installed in our downstairs family, I decorated for Christmas. This space had a purchased “Believe ” quilt hanging there. After I took it down it was really empty and I remembered this Snow Flurries quilt that I made several years ago. It’s been waiting in the closet for extra beads. I hung it beardless and it’s ok. It needs a longer dowel or rod, it’s a bit wrinkled. And it’s been folded for 4 years. Has anyone ever tried Downey Wrinkle Release on a quilt! I use it all the time in the laundry. It doesn’t seem to fade or stain the things I spray! I might try it on the back and see if it works! 




I made Sweet Potato Stoup on Sunday. It fed us twice, plus one bowl leftover for my lunch! I love this stuff. Have I shared the recipe? It’s a Rachael Ray recipe and still available on her website. The full name is Smokey Sweet Potato Chicken Stoup! The only thing I didn’t have in my pantry was dry White wine. So I followed a hint from the internet suggesting a 50/50 white wine vinegar and water! It worked very well! 




I also made sugar cookies using a Betty Crocker mix. There were supposed to be 22-24! I had enough for 26, so I squeezed 13 onto each pan! One has some crushed peppermint candies sprinkled on top, the other pan has yellow sugar sprinkles. They were very good!


My old Christmas cactus has started to bloom! I love that it still manages to do that! It makes me smile. 



January 25 2024

does your family play games? what kinds and are any of them new ones this year? Cards? board games? puzzles? action games like darts or horseshoes etc?

We are a game playing bunch. Except for Mr Busy. He plays card games and he does puzzles, but please don’t invite him to play board games. Not Trivial Pursuit( my personal favorite), or Trouble ( the great grand’s favorite) .   We used to play cards with friends monthly. Rotating houses, sharing a meal and a round of GRAB, a variation of rummy. This year our son sent us Rummikub! We played while he was here, and we want to play again.  Mr. Busy plays tons of games on his iPad, I play Sudoku and Daily Crosswords, Wordle, and Connections.

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



7 comments:

  1. Snow Flurries looks perfect for your wall! Thanks for the link to the "stoup" - I love sweet potatoes in soups. Your cookies look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! Those cookies look delicious. Love, love, LOVE your Christmas cactus. Happy Thursday. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweet potato soup looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow Flurries is a beautiful quilt, Judy! Love the colors and design. That soup looks delicious - I'll have to look for the recipe. Yum on the cookies, too! We always enjoyed Rummikub, too - I wonder where our game is. Will have to go look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cookies look delicious. Pretty cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great post! That soup sounds so good; I'm a sweet pototo nut! Your new wall quilt is just lovely. How special to have a blooming plant just now. Though my very old geranium just sent out a pink flower...I couldn't believe it. Yes to game playing too. I play Uno with Robbie too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. first off, connections is FUN! the soup looks great, I often put a spoon of cider vinegar in soup for sparkle. The list at the top is so true, love it, LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete