Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 6, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday. 24-1.








Joining Angela and friends for Scrap Happy Saturday. Come see all the greens!

This week I used my new planner. Hopefully I will continue to make use of it.  2024 plans are to make Split 9 patches and some zipper blocks. Thanks to Diann @ Little Penguin Quilts, and Cathy @ Crazy By Design and Deb A @ Happy to Be Scrappy , who all played a role in my decision. I love that Angela is doing another quilt along "Hen and Chicks"!  Doesn't that sound like fun. I probably won't do all the blocks, but I will certainly try to peek in and see how everyone is doing. 

This week I sewed 4 green Split 9's and 3 Zipper blocks. There are more in the works. I'm using 2.5"  squares for the Split 9's because I have soooooo many. That will make my blocks a bit smaller than Diann's and so then I will need more. Deb A used 2.5" squares too , so I know it will work. 







I seem to have lots of sort of ugly greens. But in these blocks they work.  I'm glad!

I'm off to visit Scrap Happy Saturday......




Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!


8 comments:

  1. One of the great things about creating with scraps is there is no such thing as ugly fabric. Just highlights, shadows and fanciful novelties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your split 9's look great! I have some of those same fabrics. That reminds me, I need to pull those out and see how many more I need to make so it can become a top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your split 9s and your zipper blocks look great, Judy! I love looking at other people's scraps - they never look ugly to me. I'm intrigued with Angela's Hens and Chicks, but can't decide if I want to join in or not. I already have plenty to work on, but those are always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, easy blocks to be working on this year, Judy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both blocks look terrific. Isn't it funny how those Zipper blocks seem to work perfectly for a fabric we thought was ugly. A couple of my Zipper blocks this week used prints I really thought were too ugly to use, and the blocks look good. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am informally doing some scrap work and actually did look at my greens yesterday. Mine do look ugly all alone, but when I put them with other colors they look great, funny how that works. ;) I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are fun blocks!! and yay for using your planner!

    ReplyDelete