What’s better than starting your day early in the morning, sitting on the front deck hand stitching binding?
Only one thing! Sitting on the back deck in the shade, after lunch in 99 F heat and finishing said binding! And having a brand new table topper for the square table.
| Front |
| Back! Or vice versa |
I used part of a panel that had been in my stash for a long long time! I bought it at K-Mart!! The red fabric and the blue stars were on my table from finishing the QOV quilt, that you have all seen a number of times. I just cut and added fabric till I had two pieces almost the same size for the front and the back.
I sliced a rectangle of batting in half and sewed it back together to get a large enough square. I spray basted and serpentine stitched 1.5 “ apart top to bottom with R,W,and Blue variegated thread. It was also from my stash and yes, I looked at and cleaned the bobbin case. It wasn’t dusty this time!! The binding is blue with silver stars that’s been hanging around too long too! I cut it at two inches and added it accordingly to Edyta Sitars tutorial. Slick as a whistle, giving me a slightly wider binding on the back cause the square was slightly smaller than the front! And it's done on the Monday before the Friday when Joy will post the linky party.
Oh, and what about the A. and G.... Well, I think it is All Good, and I'm Absolutely Giddy to get it done ahead of schedule.
I'm linking up with The Joyful Quilter on the last Friday of July to share with others.


That is definitely All Good, Judy! A cute and useful finish, and perfect for using up those leftover pieces of the panel, plus QOV scraps. Sounds like you enjoyed doing some slow stitching outside, too!
ReplyDeleteI would be Absolutely Giddy over such a great finish! Very clever use of a panel and some leftover fabric. Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteLOL!! I thought you were going for Americana. Congrats on completing your entry ahead of schedule, Jude!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty finish, love that look on your table! Has the heat actually reached you now? I keep forgetting to tell you how pretty and fun your blog header is!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great finish and it is Absolutely Glorious!
ReplyDeleteHi Judy, that was a great use of your panel. Looks wonderful!
ReplyDeletePerfect!!! Love the way you used the panel!!! it looks great@
ReplyDelete