I'm not feeling very successful this week. I keep telling myself it's not a race. One step at a time is good.
I'm linking up with Carol at Quilt Schmilt to share my bit of progress. Better luck next week. I just "keep swimming" to quote Dory!
Feb 7th - Feb 13th.
1. Spray baste and begin quilting Precarious.❌
2. Use up the fugly pink pieces. Make crumbs and string blocks 1/2✅
3. Keep stitching the hexie topper in the evenings. ✅
1. I didn’t get this done. I got down on my knees to do my dining room floor near the door to the garage. There was a film or something that the mop wasn’t helping. I could barely stand up and hurt like “heck” the next day. I’m contacting a long armer today, she is closed on Sunday and Mondays to see if she will baste it for me. 🤞 I’ll keep you posted on this UFO!
2, I did make more pink crumbs and 2 strings. I posted to RSC, but there are still bits in that bag!!!
3. I am stitching on the Hexies. Laying on my lap on Sunday morning.
The last row is three hexies, red, gold and green to be attached to the rest. It's getting closer.
It seems my body knows there is a birthday next week and it is complaining. My hands hurt and my knees and my shoulder hurt! EGAD, I’m falling apart!




Love those hexies and so sorry about those sore knees etc. I never get down low to baste, always do it on my kitchen table, or I'd be like you. Saw your pink string blocks earlier in the week and all the pink still to be used up. All the best!
ReplyDeleteLove your crumb blocks, Judy and tthose embroidered hexagons are the most ever. I am so sorry about your knee pain. Best whishes for your recovery. Feel better soon to celebrate your life. Hugs
ReplyDeleteI need to spray baste today, I've been putting it off! Good luck with finding someone to do it.
ReplyDeleteI relate to 'falling apart". I helped my husband move our TV equipment around in the entertainment center yesterday, and we were both on our hands and knees and bending in positions our bodies aren't used to! Today we are both sore - lol!
I like those brownish pinks in your crumb blocks - they work well in there! I'm sorry you're so sore from your basting work - that's no fun. Basting by the longarmer sounds like a good idea! Do you like Suits? I've been thinking that show could be next on our list for evening TV.
ReplyDeleteHope your back feels much better. Love all of your blocks and hexies!
ReplyDeleteLove the hexies and crumb blocks Judy. I think you did well on your list last week. Hope this week has you feeling better so you can enjoy your creative journey. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely adore those pink blocks - both crumb and string. So fun! Hexies are always a ton of fun. Looking very good. It looks like you had a fabulous week!
ReplyDelete