Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 23, 2023

I LIKE Thursday ~ What's your Love Language?




LeeAnna’s prompt:
what thoughtful things does your special person do for you, or you do for them? Little things that mean something to you... for example brings home flowers,
or folds the towels the way you like it, chores or little hugs when you're disappointed, shares secret jokes, watches a movie he knows you'll like just to be nice.


When I first read LeeAnna prompt I was put off! I tend to complain a bit, wish for more!


We have a routine , I do all the in the house things, he mows the grass and takes care of the vehicles. I can put fuel in my own vehicle, but he usually does. He does help change the bed when I clean on Wednesdays. I fuss a lot! I’m not as appreciative as I should be.


Monday of this week, he said, “ I have to go to town. Do you want to ride along?”He always asks. Most times I’ll go, sometimes I stay home and sew. This time I said yes. He said he was going to Hobby Lobby for plastic for his plane. He missed the turn! No worries! He missed the next turn. I was beginning to worry about his cognitive abilities. Finally he turned into the Events Center in our community. Then said, “ Guess the jig is up, I’m here to purchase tickets to see the Celtic Angels on March 6th! Happy Birthday!”







I was flabbergasted! Touched! And very surprised!


So yes, mostly our life is in a rut after nearly 59 years, but he can still surprise me!
Now, I wonder if I can surprise him? I’m not a very good secret keeper.




Hop on over to Not Afraid of Color and check out how our fellow bloggers answer this question .


Other likes this week!
It’s snowing again so I got my snowman mug out of the cupboard again.
Do you have a special mug for special days?





This is a favorite supper. Follow the directions on the box of Lipton Onion Soup mix, add cut up Polish Kielbasa or other favorite fully cooked sausage, and a bit of fresh garlic. Serve with salad and bread.
It’s good with dark beer or wine if you prefer!






My holiday cactus has blooms.







We got snow on Monday, our granddaughter comes to shovel after dropping her kids off at school. It still looked like this on Tuesday morning! She does a really good job!



Then of course this happened and Wednesday they closed schools and city/county offices.


This morning on the back deck. I think a good 7 inches.









Today is my birthday and I had hoped to go stitch with friends at the library. But I can’t get out of my garage because of a snowdrift. And although the city plows have plowed our street, they pushed the snow into our driveway. And the expected high temperature is -1 F and not until 4pm. It is. -21F right now at 6:55am as I write this post. And it will only warm up to -15 at the time we normally meet. Too cold to be out and about!




Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!









8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Judy! I'm so sorry you can't get out to sew with your friends, though. Mr. Busy's surprise is so fun! Good for him - Mike has done that once or twice, and when you don't expect that of them, it's really a treat! Yummy looking dinner - we'd like that, too. Stay safe and warm today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he's a keeper! My man keeps the tank full for me too. Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. great story! He did good didn't he? I'd like to see them in concert. We had snow too, and bitter cold, then in two days back up to 50's. Happy birthday... month! There are a number of I Like people having birthdays now.... what does that mean for the group? mainly pisces?
    my husband has never planned a surprise for me like that, BTW, he's steadfast but not imaginative in gift giving. Generous but not creative, so take this as a great win!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise! Ooh - such pretty snow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Judy! I'm sorry you couldn't get out, that sounds unbearably cold. What a wonderful surprise your husband did for you!
    Like you, I find myself fussing and picking at things Hubs does to help me, or complaining that he isn't taking my (always right) advice! We aren't speaking at the moment, but give us another half hour and we'll both act like nothing happened - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! What a GREAT gift! And I see your cactus is on the same schedule as mine...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy, a very happy though belated birthday. That was a great story leading up to your gift! Thanks for mentioning that recipe, I always have Liptons on hand to add flavour to things. I love using the right mug for the right moment. That seems very cold for you folks...is this unusual for your area?

    ReplyDelete