My goal for this month was to keep up with the prompts for each of 6 rounds for the SAHRR hosted by Quilting Gail . Her announcement post is here. A center block was chosen and 6 fellow bloggers joined in to suggest a round each week. The first round was announced January 23, and the last one will be announced February 27th.
My goal was to keep up and to have a flimsy ready to turn into a garden bench pillow. In between snowstorms, Mr. Busy measured my bench and says the pillow needs to be 38 to 40 inches long. 38 is the size for a pattern I have seen. So that is what I am going for, somewhere between 38-40 inches long.
January 23- Round 1- Spools
January 30- Round 2- Stars
At the end of rounds 1-2, this is what it looked like on my design wall. I had made a decision about combining the spools and the stars.
I made two different sizes and finally settled on the smaller one. In the corners.
Round 4: Flying Geese :
Same green and speckled fabric . I made 4. It needed something else to fill the space. I didn't think one more on each side would work and look balanced so I added a spacer block instead. They sort of have an obelisk or lozenge-like shape!
Feb 20th. Round 5. Square in a Square ~
I'm working toward a 40" horizontal rectangle.
Alternating solid magenta and polka dots, square in a squares that are 3.5" unfinished. The green hourglass blocks and flying geese have not been attached at this point. Nor have the pink square in a square row. I am waiting to see what the next round is on the 27th. I apologize for the shadowed photographs. I sew in the basement. Only old fashioned small windows. This is my extra design wall in the hallway. I love that light fixture, but it is not good for taking pictures.
Feb 27th. Quilting Gail revealed the last and final round. Pinwheels. I’m making oversized ( I think) purple/lilac and white pinwheels. I’m scraping the bottom of the barrel, so to speak, trying to make these rounds. I had to use 4 different purples and the last scrap of white had to be pieced to make enough for eight 3 " square to get 16 hst for 4 pinwheels. If I participate next year, my notes to self will say, “ have a plan, bring more fabric”!
Here is the flimsy done. I was hoping to be able to go outside to photograph it on the bench. But, there is still snow on the seat. I promise when the pillow is done and residing on the bench (even if Mr Busy doesn't have it refinished yet) I will share a picture.
This is the most unusual project I have ever done. Rewarding and gratifying but "yikes, its WILD!"
I'm linking up with Patty at:



I think you have been very creative with each round and this will make a pretty bench pillow. Looking forward to seeing it finishes.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great idea for this SAHRR quilt and what a good use you will put it too. Wildly creative. I look forward to seeing it on the bench.
ReplyDeleteOh how fun!!!! I like how the rounds are coming out!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's looking good.
ReplyDelete