Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 24, 2022

I LIKE Thursday ~~~. Thanksgiving Day. 2022






Yesterday,as I was putting the pumpkin pies in the oven and asked "Alexa" to set a timer. She suggested that I ask her to play music. So I asked for Christmas music, because I didn't think there were Fall songs. Then I saw in LeeAnna's email that she googled Fall Songs.  So I asked " Alexa" to play fall songs. I'm not sure what I was listening to, but then I edited my request to "play Autumn Leaves" by Nat King Cole. 



ps:  this is the first time I have ever shared a video from YouTube!  Hope it works!


 She did play this one and some others.  
That conversation made me giggle!!!  I was talking to an inanimate object about songs of the season!!!  So now I know that there are Autumn songs!!!  Who knew??


Other things from this week:


FOOD

 
Chicken Chimichanga at  El Paisa Grill  in West Valley City, Utah,  at the end of our first day of travel!



 

Honey-chipotle basted salmon at the casino where we stayed in Reno on our second day of travel.


FAMILY 

This sign had to be shared with my brothers. Our dad, who we lost when we were young, was called Tommy Thompson. 


SIGHTS


A photo as we drove past The Bonneville Salt Flats, the reflection was perfect! . My crudely drawn arrow is the edge of the water.,





Rest Area on Feather Lake Highway

There is snow in this part of California! 




And a beautiful sunrise that greeted me Tuesday morning. 

Wednesday I made cranberry salad and two pumpkin pies. We are all set! 

Take some time today to be thankful and visit the list of fellow bloggers from the list maintained at Not Afraid of Color . Thanks , LeeAnna for hosting  I Like Thursday.  


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful! And especially important, Be Grateful!



5 comments:

  1. Fun to see your sights along the drive, Judy! Enjoy your son and today's good food. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving. I've never thought much about autumn music (and the video worked perfectly!). Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I googled vintage recordings of fall songs and so many! I like music from past decades.... love autumn leaves and you for always being here for us. And for playing along on my prompts... happy friendsgiving,.
    your travel pics are so fun Judy! snow in CA reminds us it's a big diverse state

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in California, a very dry part, so I was happy to see your photo of snow. Yay! Did Alexa play Willie Nelson’s “Moonlight in Vermont”? I don’t know if that’s truly an autumn song but there’s a line about leaves falling in a stream that’s a wonderful image for me. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your day was wonderful, Judy. Thanks for sharing those photos. Great food and I too was surprised to see that snow!

    ReplyDelete