Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 3, 2022

I like Thursday ~~ pumpkin recipes









My I Like Thursday post is late this week. I’m attending a 3 day retreat. It's local and we sleep at home, and I go home to fix supper also! ( Some of the women stay til the library closed at 9 pm. )


We have a bit of snow this morning. Always the first few snows are iffy in the driving arena. Everyone has to remember to slow down a bit, don’t try to brake in a hurry, etc! There will be fender benders! 



My holiday cacti are blooming 


This one has pointy leaves and pointy petals. I believe that makes it a Thanksgiving Cactus.


This one has different leaves and pink rounder petals. I think it is classified as a Christmas Cactus.  I guess it does depend on who you ask or what you read. But no argument, they are beautiful!!


I started cutting into the “ I Believe in Angels chart pack that I won from Texas Quilt Girl!  And some assembly happened at our retreat. 







And now that I am home from retreat, here is the table topper,  I will look in my stash for an appropriate backing fabric and find a long thin piece of batting and will get it quilted soon. 



Another like is finally a win in three tries this morning. Actually about 2:15 am when I couldn't sleep. My second word gave me the biggest clue!!




LeeAnna’s prompt this week is pumpkin recipes. I have a favorite. I tried this several holiday seasons ago. Our eldest granddaughter is dairy intolerant and also maintains a gluten-free diet. So I substitute GF flour blend and vegan butter. Also using 3/4 cup of almond milk reduced down to about 1/2 in place of the evaporated milk. I have had success in just using 1/4 cup of almond milk ( not reducing). Some of you are better chefs than I am, but it has worked for me.  

If you can't decipher my "chicken scratches", just ask via email. jdyblr6107 "at" gmail "dot" com


I hoping to gather some other good pumpkin recipes by reading all the posts of the I LIKE THURSDAY participants. 



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!



3 comments:

  1. Too funny - my second and third wordle rows were the same as yours! My cactus are currently white - I envy all the pink you have! Streusel bars look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it three, too. My second word was cloud. I didn’t realize this cactus would grow well indoors. I must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha on Wordle - I have gotten a few in 3 tries and it always makes my day! Your Christmas cactus (cacti?) look great. I tried many years ago to bake GF and was a total fail. Good for you for making that for your granddaughter. The runner looks great.

    ReplyDelete