OMG. September Chapter 1, 2 & 3
I want to clean out this tote of donated scraps and strings!
So far: September 1 through September 7th.
2 Gold, 1 Green, 2 Brown, 4 Black, 2 Beige or neutral, 1 Aqua, and 3 Dark Red = 16 15. 7.5” blocks
Plus 4 multi colored with consistent cream center diagonal. Also 7.5” blocks.
A total of 19 in one week! Corrected!
Chapter 2…
September 8 through 15th!
56 That’s enough for a quilt! Yes, but JUDY , your count is wrong! Only 4 of the previous 19 have cream center strips, so you really only have 41!
And my tote still isn’t empty! ⤵️ But closer ! I have been tossing squares and triangles and too short strings in color based bins.
Chapter 3. 9-23-22
Ta-da! Here is the tote. It’s finally EMPTY,
For a total of 64. I want to do 7X8 so I need 56. 49 by 56, then a border. I'm happy.
The leftovers were sorted into color piles. They are now in zip bags in the green bin. Only the white and neutral strips and aqua strips are in separate containers. I will continue to sew monochromatic string blocks to add to ones in my stash. I need to cut more telephone books!
As I was sewing, lots of the strips and pieces were “thready”. So I neatened them up. Any strip, that when de-threaded and straightened, was less than 1 inch wide was tossed in my “yarn” basket.
I’m sharing this continuing post at Finished or Not Finished Friday!
And today is 9-25-22...... SEPTEMBER OMG FINISH LINK UP is live! I'm linking up even as I continue to make string blocks and crumb blocks to use up the color sorted strings!






Look at those string blocks! That's a great way to use up those scraps. I especially love the multi-colored ones - I should be making a bunch of those, too!
ReplyDeletegreat job on using the scraps and strings in your blocks!
ReplyDeleteGreat use of those scraps, you made beautiful string blocks, Judy. I am courious to know if you managed to empty that tote.
ReplyDeleteYay Judy!! You’re stringing along like mad!! Wonderful blocks!
ReplyDeleteWow, you're trucking, Judy!!! Great job of cleaning up those scraps!!!
ReplyDeleteI need to work with my strings too and these pictures are encouraging me to do so. So, is the tote empty? Do you have far to go to see the bottom? let us know. ;^)
ReplyDeleteI love string blocks and what a terrific way to use those scraps! I'm impressed with how many you made in a short time!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects
ReplyDeleteGreat job! I love these blocks! Have a great day Judy!
ReplyDeleteHow fabulous to actually see some progress on your strings. I've done a group of string blocks and the darn bag didn't look different at all! Sigh
ReplyDeleteDarn computers. I posted the anonymous post above. Bonnie in VA brsinstitches @ gmail.com
ReplyDeleteLook at that!!! Amazing progress!! and it will be such a cool quilt!
ReplyDeleteLook at that empty tub! You go, girl! It's been fun watching your progress.
ReplyDeleteWow I am impressed with your empty bin!
ReplyDeleteYour string blocks look great, Judy, but WOW -- empty scrap bins?! That's the REAL accomplishment!! :-)
ReplyDeleteWow, that was impressive. That was a lot of scraps to use. Congrats!
ReplyDelete