Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 1, 2022

I LIKE Thursday ~. In My Backpack!




Happy Thursday!  I'm joining LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color this Thursday morning to talk about and share good things. And things I like. LeeAnna gave us a prompt of School Supplies at a jumping off point for this week. 


First Day of School was a big deal. I loved new crayons, new pencils, fresh new paper and three ring notebooks. 

I have always said my "dream job" would be in a Stationery Store. My brother worked at an Office Supply store when I was a young mom. One of the best gifts he ever gave our son, and DS will confirm this, was a box of colored pencils, markers, scissors, colored paper, bottles of glue. (this was before glue sticks)


I still like to buy: colored pens



glue sticks, colored pencils, markers, washi tape, 




notebooks, stickers, shopping list pads. Oh ,and don’t forget push pins and bulletin board stuff! 





If I have a bit of spare time these days, I like to wander ( in person) the aisles at Office Depot. They have the best stuff!!!   Barring extra time to be out and about, the websites are almost as good. This is a great time of year to add to my stash of notebooks, folders, 3-ring binders, etc. 


I finished this book , no review! I give it 3.5/5.0. It was predictable! But fun! 




And started this one! I’ve read only one other title by Alice Hoffman. The Dovekeepers! It was amazing! So I have great hopes for this one. 


 




Today I get my haircut.  I'm posting this early Thursday, but if the trip to the salon is successful, I may post a photo next week. Maybe not though, I'm not fond of selfies. 


Tuesday night we were invited to a friends home to share their fire. 


We had a great visit!


My neighbor’s flower forest is amazing.

Pink….And yellow…..With lots of green! It makes my heart happy!



Last weekend, Mr Busy participated in the Annual Fly-In for his RC Aircraft Club




Can you spot the airplane in front of the cloud?p






Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!






4 comments:

  1. I love to wander through office supply stores (the pen aisle!) and art stores. Maybe it's all the bright color, both pens and ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A job in an office supply store - heaven! And what a great gift for your son, too. Our kids spent many enjoyable hours with markers, pens, pencils, paper - all that good stuff. Sounds like a nice evening with your friends around the fire pit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New pens and pencils. Woot! Great photo of the fire. Love all the plants and planes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have NO washi tape and need some! do you have a fave brand or place to get it? Also love cork board push pins and I'd like to get a gift with all new pens, pencils, glue, etc!

    ReplyDelete