Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 11, 2022

Finished or Not Finished Friday

 



I finally have something to talk about! It’s a finish and a not quite finish. 


I try to support Kat’s mission of providing quilts for hospital patients in end of life status. Every 2 months she does a block drive, to gather blocks to make into quilts! She and her angels do amazing work! You can check out the Covered in Love tab on her blog, Kat & Cat Quilts. 


January and February blocks are sort of quarter log cabins! With a red cornerstone and any other log fabric you need to use. “Ugly” fabric is encouraged! They are 12.5” unfinished as are almost all of the blocks in her drives! 

So I finished two the end of January. I store the blocks in an empty pizza box til I’m ready to mail them. These are any and all strips of fabric. 






These are not finished. They are a more controlled palette, based on the scraps bags that were closest. The left one is pinks and greens, the one on the right is red, white  and aqua! 



You wouldn’t think that all these block could make a great quilt, but just look at this quilt from 2019! 



This is not my favorite block to make, but it does use up some scraps. But boy, do I make a mess! And then  I have a plethora of small bits! Ticker tape size! 


I’m linking up with Alycia Quilts at Finished or Not Finished Friday.  Click on over and check out the fabulous finishes on her Linky Party! 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy! 


 

6 comments:

  1. Nice blocks! You are encouraging me to hurry up and make some before the month is over. It's such a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous blocks for a worthy cause, Judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks of log cabins are beautiful as they are, Judy. They will cheer and provide comfort to someone. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blocks! Love how the quilt comes out! It's so cheerful! Have a great day Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks look neat; I'm sure the finished quilt will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE these blocks - and nothing is ugly when used like this!! That is so sweet of you to support her mission.

    ReplyDelete