Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

To Do Tuesday #31

 



Hello everyone!  I'm checking in at ChrisKnits with my to-do list. It's a great place to see what others are doing and to keep yourself accountable.



To-Do list for next week March 9 through the 16th. 

1. Work on OMG for March. "Heartland"   ✔




2. Work on 2nd border for Spool Quilt    ❌

3. Take binding off the cross stitched Noah's Ark quilt to prepare of backing  ❌

4. Find a home for these counted cross stitch Angel patterns. And continue to sort through counted cross stitch patterns and fabric.    1/2 Done


 I’ve posted it to my messenger account. If I don’t get any takers, I’ll  save it for the boutique at the NEW Quilt Show in October. 


Instead of my list:

I worked on a Dreami! I made a vinyl fronted project bag. I had a 12 x12 patchwork that I put together awhile back to try to get rid of the lime green chicken fabric. I thought I had taken a photo but I can’t find it. So here it is in use. 



The backing I made with various black squares and the infamous chicken fabric! 


This is the front with vinyl. The black floral is the inside. The bright green is the zipper facing. I bound it with some scrappy black on white. 



I used this pattern from Moda Bake Shop! I don’t usually have trouble sewing with vinyl. But I do use the paper that comes with the vinyl between the throat plate of my machine and the vinyl! 



Next week’s list

1. Take the factory binding off this quilt! 


Because it is cross stitched on a printed image on a pre-quilted top, the stitches are exposed on the back side.  I have learned how to put a backing on this kind of quilt. I will remove the white binding. Cut a piece of flannel to make a backing. Bar tack or tiny zigzag with my machine, much like you would tie a quilt, then bind it as I would a pieced quilt. This will be given to my youngest granddaughter when she starts her family. 


2. Finish my 4 Seasons Chick mini. 

3. Write Table Scraps Challenge post. 

4. Make fabric stitched greeting card(s). 


Wish me luck!  I wasn't very successful last week!

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy




. 

3 comments:

  1. I love those vinyl project bags! I've made one, too, and I think it was from that Moda Bakeshop pattern. It's so useful! The way you're going to re-do that baby quilt sounds like a good idea. It reminds me of that show that used to be on Food Network- "Semi-Homemade"?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project bag! Love the color combo. And what a sweet quilt that will make. Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we live closer I will be a candidate to your offer, Judy, those Mirabilia angels are stunning, but living so far away I hope you find someone who likes cross stitch to adopt them. Great idea for the backing of that beautiful Noah's Ark quilt.
    I think you did great and wish you luck for this week.

    ReplyDelete