Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Finished or Not Friday 6/5/20


 
 I’m not fond of mending. But I put a quick hem in the sleeves of an old denim shirt. I’m not fond of squaring up a quilt and attaching the binding! Even on a small baby quilt. But I did that too, this week. This little “Lovie” will be sent off to Jack’s Basket! I auditioned a couple of different fabrics for the binding. I thought it needed a darker contrasting binding since the outside edges are light. I even looked through the drawers of a forgotten little chest behind my sewing machine. I found a large piece of the dark purple that is in the center block! “Jackpot”! And I like it a lot.

Do you put a label on a donation quilt! I know that there are restrictions for QOV donations. I’ll check the Jack’s Basket website before I go further.



The backing is pieced, as almost all of my backings are these days! The pink is just tone on tone leaves, but the print is Cabbage Patch Kids. With pink hearts. I had already used some of this print, and there was just a chunk left, but the pinks were great together. 


A close up of the binding, and the quilting. A panto called "Promise". Isn't that a great design and a name for this quilt!  Also, there is some more of that Winnie the Pooh fabric. I think it is gone now!

I'm linking this post up with Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts.  Normally I have an "or Not". Finally I have a finish!!

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy
ps: I'm having a bit of a problem with the new version of Blogger.  Has anyone discovered how to make the photos bigger?











2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the finish!
    When you upload a photo on your post, then click on it (regular button, the left one) and a window will appear with 5 icones: click on the pen to chose the size of the picture you want (very small to original size).
    I hope it will help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a great finish that will make a little one so happy! Your binding choice was perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete