Friday, October 4, 2019
Finished or Not Friday - 10-4-19
I'm linking this post at Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts.
Not a lot accomplished in the finished department this week. I got my One Monthly Goal on the design wall, decided on a layout, made the 3 necessary blocks to complete that.
This project is going with me to Retreat on the 22nd. So I marked all the rows and webbed the first two columns together. Then stacked columns 3,4,5,and 6 in order top to bottom.
I also did a bit of sewing that wasn't a quilt. In my stash, and I save most everything, I still had a piece of black and white gingham left over from a gathered skirt that I made when I was 15. My paternal grandfather embroidered trees in white on the bottom of the skirt. Border fabric was very popular then and he and my grandmother "made" border fabric. My sister's skirt was lavender and white gingham. Oh, I wish I had a photo!
When my own daughter was about 4, I made her a dress out of the fabric. ( there is a lot of fabric in a full gathered skirt.) Now, her granddaughter, my oldest great granddaughter is 3 and that leftover small chunk of fabric needed to be used. I purchased a black t-shirt at Walmart. I followed a tutorial
from https://www.coralandco.com/blog/2018/04/easy-t-shirt-dress-tutorial.html. I would have liked to have enough fabric to make a really full skirt, but sometime you work with what you have.
I found a half a package of covered button blanks and there was just enough fabric from squaring up the skirt rectangle to cover two 1/2" buttons. I sewed them to the neckline, vertically. I haven't tried it on Miss B yet, but I took her measurements last week so I am sure it's pretty close. I will finish the final hem, after she tries it on.
I'm cutting brown, dark scraps for Scrappy Sprouts. Not sure if brown sprout blocks are going to work, but I will make one to check and see.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Love the story behind the dress. Three generations have shared that fabric....quite amazing. You are working on pretty blocks.
ReplyDeleteYour quilt on the design wall is amazing!! LOVE the colors. And what fun to have a three generational dress!!
ReplyDelete