Tuesday, October 1, 2019
One Monthly Goal for October- Bow Tie Quilt (flimsy)
I’ve been making bow tie blocks as part of RSC19 at so scrappy. I wasn’t sure of the layout I was going to use, but I knew it was going to be a throw for my new (then) car. It’s a black Equinox, the Chevy logo is referred to as a Bowtie, so I knew I wanted to include black bow tie blocks.
My OMG goal is to get this flimsy put together. You can see that I need one more pink and one more yellow block. In the 6th column!
OOPS! This can happen when your use directional fabrics and you don't know what your layout is going to be. I cannot live with this, even though it will be folded up in my cargo area, or secured in a bag, it's not right. So I will make one more yellow bowtie block.
So I made 1 pink and 2 yellow. I’ll use the “wrong way” yellow one as a label. I will take this to my October retreat on the 22nd. That may be cutting it close, but I will make it my first project of the time there.
We woke up to this:
It will be a good day to stay in and get projects ready for retreat. I am sure we will have a few good days to put the deck furniture and the baby pool away! At least I hope so.
I am linking up this post with Patty's October link up:
Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal October Link-up.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Labels:
Bowtie Blocks,
OMG Event,
RSC19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Judy what a fun quilt top. I love the idea of a rainbow quilt and love how you have the black arranged. All the best with the putting together. Is that snow!!
ReplyDeletePretty box tie blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilt One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.
ReplyDelete