My goal for this month, July 2019: to get to flimsy stage, the # 10 Project from my APQ list that was supposed to be done in June.
Most of you know that I have lots of challenges! Quilting challenges for this post! (heehee) Last month, my June OMG took center stage. I got the top done for my brother’s quilt. I did not make any progress on the crumb/ slab blocks project (June APQ challenge) until Friday the 28th, when I finally settled on a pattern. Back in early 2018, I purchased a digital copy of Stash Statement by Kelly Young! And after paging and paging through all the patterns, I chose Precarious. You can see Kelly's pattern at her blog myquiltinfatuation.com. HERE is a link to her tab marked My Quilts and near the top, she has all the quilts from her book. Precarious is the 1st one on the left in the second row.
Saturday I drove the 20 miles to my LQS for some solid gray! I chose Moda Steel. Elsa’s selection was limited. The pattern calls for 1 3/4 yds of background. I took the last of the bolt....1.685 yards. Following the directions I cut lengthwise strips. They were to be 30.5 inches, I could only get 30 inches!
Oh well, the quilt will be a wee bit narrower than the pattern. That is ok with me. Just so I can get it at least to flimsy stage.
Here are some of my original slab blocks on my cutting table.
And on the design wall, notice "orange" has some still in progress
Now my design wall looks like this,
as of this afternoon.
I have sewn a few blocks together then cut then to 4 1/2" square and sewn them back together into 4 1/2" by 24 1/2" rectangles. The gray background is cut into 4 1/2" x 30" strips.
OK, wish me luck! This will all work out, though it's kind of fiddly to sew, cut apart and sew again.
But that is what we quilters do, right?
I'm linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts , July OMG Link Up!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
And I'll leave you with a photo of my one of my favorite beach bums! What, you didn't know we had beaches in Wyoming?? Actually this is a sandy man-made beach at Angostura Reservoir in So Dakota. A 2 hour drive, but worth it to play in the sand and water on a "finally hot day"!





great blocks such a colorful quilt
ReplyDeleteLove the rainbow blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.
ReplyDeleteWill be a pretty quilt.
ReplyDelete