Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 8, 2019

A Slow Start to June

Not much has been happening yet for the beginning of June. Lots of challenges to be met, stitching to be done, and also some flowers to be planted.

RSC19 has a new color BLUE...Navy and dark blue. There will be some lighter blues in my sprout blocks and my garlic knots.  It just has to be!

So far I have 2 scrappy sprout blocks, one Bowtie Block,




 and some 12.5" blocks for a quilt for my brother.

I was waiting on fabric to round out the material needed for a 5 yard quilt Biggee Size!
That fabric showed up in my mailbox yesterday!  Hooray. Now I need to launder it and press it and start cutting.


Another exciting thing happened in our family!  My youngest nephew, the younger son of the brother who will be the recipient of the baseball quilt, defended his thesis and got his PhD.


I think there will be another "graduation" quilt in the works!!  His doctorate is in limnology!  Look that one up!!!!  He and his wife and son, live in Minnesota.

So that's my month so far!  There was even one blue Garlic Knot!


I am looking forward to next week.....to be productive!!!  I'm linking up with

 Angela at Scrappy Happy Saturday and hopefully Oh Scrap at Quilting is More Fun than Housework on Sunday.

One other photo to share!  Great granddaughter on the slide this week!  Lots of static! LOL!!





Stay Busy and Stay Happy



5 comments:

  1. I love the scrappy sprouts blocks - always fun to see what prints you put in yours! Congratulations to your nephew - I did have to look that up! :) Minnesota is probably a good place to live if you're in that field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty dark BLUE blocks. Congrats to the graduate (and what a GREAT shot of your great granddaughter!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an old UFO of scrappy sprouts I need to move forward if I can find it! They are fun blocks.

    I had to look up limnology. Learn something new every day! Congrats to the graduate. I have a lake in my backyard now from all the May rain and one in my basement if he wants to practice his craft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gratuluję absolwentowi! Kołdra na pewno będzie piękna. Pozdrawiam:)

    ReplyDelete