Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 1, 2019

April OMG Linking Up




I have many goals for April!  Finish the book I am reading!  Keep up with my Temperature Quilt and get better at posting on Instagram! Do the Tiny Tuesday Block in the current color, an offering from Angela at So Scrappy!  I also signed up for APQ UFO Challenge 2019. And I want to spend at least part of one week with my sister!

But, my OMG for April is to get at least one border done on my Spool Quilt! This project was started a long time ago. I need to research to find out what year! My group exchanged strips for the spools. Then I finally got the center of the top put together. I think it is a little light and so I put it away. I started the tracing of the pieces for the applique border. But again got stopped.  Maybe there was a baby quilt that needed to be done, or a comfort quilt for my brother or something?


 This is the book from Edyta Sitar that has the pattern.  There are a lot of other blocks in this book that call to me!


 This is the graphic showing the spools and the applique border.





And this is on my cutting table this morning. I got out the tote and pulled out the contents. The borders are cut and labeled.  "check"    Some tracing is done! "check" 

Now to begin to cut out, place and fuse down and machine applique. I will be doing the borders one at a time, then connecting the corners. This method was suggested and endorsed by several members that have their version completed. It will make it easier to man handle the bulk through the machine as I machine applique all those vines and flowers.  So there it is: One Border of the Spool quilt! 


Linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts.  April OMG 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy

8 comments:

  1. that spool quilt is pretty neat - are you doing the applique too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, we think alike. I love those projects you are working on. Good luck with your goals, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you with your April goals! I love all of Edyta's patterns, but in the end usually opt for something simpler these days. But a person can always dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, yes! That is one super cute spool quilt!!! I will be cheering you on! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get this book for myself. She has so many terrific quilts, doesn't she? Super cool to see someone making the spool quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely quilt! I hope you meet your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goal. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that spool design!! Good luck with your OMG!

    ReplyDelete