Friday, January 25, 2019
January's OMG is done....Plus!
Now the rest of the year will follow!
My goal was to have a decision made on the blocks for my Temperature quilt and to have the 1st 21 days of January constructed and sewn into a row!. That is done.......
I do have one little problem. I am using Weatherunderground as my information source. On Wednesday and Thursday of this week, we got some snow and it got really cold. On Thursday I was anxious to get a few more blocks made, so I checked the previous day’s data earlier than normal. I recorded the high as 21 and the low as 6. When I looked again , Thursday night at 10 pm, when my alert came up on my Ipad the high was 30 and the low 18. Quite a difference!! I guess I’ll go back to checking it only at 10pm...staying consistent. Has any one else experienced this?
I have also been working on a comfort quilt for my sister. It is going really well. Some of you may remember that my sister lost her husband in late October of 2018. I knew I wanted to make her a quilt, but the holidays slowed me down. Lots of other things took precedence. Then Friday, she was diagnosed with lung cancer. Can you say"WTHeck!!!". You would think that the news would have kicked me in the pants to get it done, but the first few days I was just too sad and too depressed to sew. I have made some progress in the last few days. Half of the blocks are done and the other half are cut and laid out on a sheet pan! :) I bought 2 pkg of oven liners, due to their larger size. These blocks are 12.5 X 16.5 unfinished.
Pardon my messy space. Seems like I just move it from one section of the room to another. My sister calls it "stirring your stuff"!
That is all for now. I am linking up with:
Myra at Busy Hands Quilts, Finished or Not Friday!
and Patty at Elm Street Quilts, OMG Finish Link Up.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Praying for your sister. I'm so sorry to hear about both her husband and this illness. I lost my husband in 2016 and I remember thinking how hard it was to go through things without his support. At least she has you and sisters make a big difference! I'm glad she has you. She is going to love this quilt! It's beautiful and being made with love.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear of your sister's trials. When they hit, they hit hard. Love the colors in her quilt.
ReplyDeleteThinking of your sister at this very difficult time.
ReplyDeleteLove the temperature quilt. I've had the temperature change in the hours closer to midnight for me once or twice when just doing the high temperature. Since you are doing lows too, you'd be better off being one day behind. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!
ReplyDelete