Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

2019 One Monthly Goal January






January  OMG 


I've decided to do a temperature quilt for 2019. I have been following Patty’s progress on her hexagon temperature quilt. So a month or so ago I downloaded weather underground and started using it to record the current highs for my area. Then I set about deciding on fabric. And temperature ranges. I downloaded a chart I found on the internet, and decided on a 5 degree range. My ongoing goal is to use my stash and so I picked fabrics from my stash and scrap bins.

Then I made this storyboard. I still had not decided on a block or block size.



Now it is January and I need to get my plan in order.  That is my OMG..... make a decision on the block size, high and low for each day or just the high,and begin. Additionally to  have 21 blocks made by end of January. 

I found a Temperature Quilt Along on Twiddletails.   I have joined Anina and have downloaded a paper chart for fabric selection. It will be a better option than my storyboard for saving after 2019. 
You can follow along too or better yet, join the fun!  It's not too late. There is a button on my sideboard. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy



3 comments:

  1. How fun!! I'll look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you'll be making one this year. I decided to just go with the same range as last year so I could compare the two. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an ambitious project, but I've seen some fabulous crocheted temperature scarves and afghans, so I know this is going to be a phenomenal quilt! I especially love that it will be made from scraps!

    ReplyDelete