Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 1, 2018

CiL Blocks for November and December OMG Link Up




My OMG for December is to finish 8 of these blocks and get them sent off to Kat.

I am struggling with the contrast of the purples and what is in my stash. I love purple. It is one of my favorite colors!   But soft lavender and purple grays are scarce in my stash.

Here is the link to CiL Blocks for November and December. From Kat and Cat Quilts.


 I see aqua and even green in this photo. But I know that colors are often skewed when shared online. Kat says purple grays, soft spring purples.    I decided to cut my stash. It this a solid or a print?  I think it reads solid.  But then when I assembled it, I used it in both places.  UUGGG!  Guess in my eyes, it depended on what fabric it was used with!



 Here is the silvery lavender with a darker purple print. I think it will be OK?


Unhappy with my stash and scraps, but got several units shown below.


 Off to the fabric store I went in search of solids.  I have mostly medium prints, it seems! I did not buy a lot and the leftovers will go in my version of the scrap savers system.





Now I am on to finish eight blocks and get them off to Kat before the end of the year. I am hoping that my rather drab blocks with fit well with some others to make beautiful quilts. It seems that Kat and her angel helpers work magic with the blocks that are sent in.  I have enjoyed my participation in the CiL drive for all of 2018.  I plan to participate again in 2019.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy







I'm linking up at Elm Street Quilts in the December OMG Link Up. 

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it difficult to see colours properly on a screen, hopefully real life fabric stores will never disappear. I love your finished purple blocks and the new fabrics are going to look great. I should do a project like that to try to get my rather haphazard geese construction a little more accurate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a nice selection of purples. Have fun putting together your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love flying geese blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilt One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete